Friday, December 22, 2006

Driving in the Dark

If I had dreamed last night, it would have been an awful dream about evil red eyes blinding me in the dark as I followed, endlessly followed them up and down and around and forever. I didn't dream about this because I didn't dream at all. I was dead asleep, and still sort of am. My mom and I drove to Spokane last night to pick up my sister. Mom doesn't like driving in the dark, so I drove. It was about 8 pm when we left Moscow--dark. By ten we had her, and we had us, and we were with my grandparents. What did we not have? Luggage. That didn't come in until the 12:00 flight. So, by 12:30 we were again leaving the airport and on our way home. Dark again, so I drove. They actually play pretty good music at 1 am. But the lights! The terrible blinding taillights of the van in front of me would not go away! To dark to see around him without my brights, too icy to risk it anyway, we traveled at 42 on a 60 for what seemed like forever. 2:45 am and I knew I never wanted to drive again. I guess now I'm just glad to be home. I'm braindead, but home, with my sister.

No comments: