Sunday, April 1, 2007

Of all the idiotic things to do...

This semester has largely been spent by me in great rejoicing that I get to play volleyball a couple of times every week. I joined an intramural 4v4 team, play with them on Mondays, and then goof off with a bunch of other friends on Fridays and Saturdays. It's fabulous. Or should I say, it was fabulous. Yesterday I managed to have enough talent to injure myself. A jump landed wrong on another fellow's foot, a rolled ankle, a wrenched knee that's so swollen now that I can't bend or straighten my leg. And that's it. No walking for me. The guys I was playing with wouldn't even let me drive myself home. Now I have to sit, and be taken care of, which is simply irksome. I've got some lovely crutches, so at least I'm semi-mobile, but I can't carry anything, like a cup of coffee, or a book. And the worst part? No volleyball... for a period of time as yet undetermined.

A visit to Student Health Services tomorrow will hopefully result in a doctor's note for a temporary disability parking permit. Somehow crutching for a half mile to get to class isn't a very appealing proposition.

3 comments:

thebeloved said...

Ahhh! Honey... I am so sorry! I am sorry on so many levels! I am glad, however, that those guys didn't let you drive home! Way to go gentlemen! If you give me their e-mails I will personally give them an e-mail of commendation and thanks... or you can just thank them for me! ;) Anyway, pray for me as I go crazy over here. Miss you! 11,000 miles away... I wish I could carry your coffee... I would bring you your book in bed... If only I weren't 11,000 miles away... ooooh... it is almost like a country song! :D

Laurel said...

They were playing a country station in the doctor's office this morning. :) And fear not, everyone around me is pretty much dying to help me just like you are. Kevin asks me about every 15 minutes if he can get me anything, or make some tea, or if he can do anything at all, please...

My temp disability permit is pretty cool though. Took about an hour and a half to get, but now I can drive in the Campus Walkway system, park anywhere, including handicapped and metered for as long as I want. Sweet, huh? Still, I'd rather be able to walk. A couple more days on crutches and I think the swelling will be down enough that I'll be able to walk again.

Absolutely no way I'm giving out other people's emails, not even to you. :) I wouldn't want my buds to think that my sister was psychotically overprotective or anything... :)

Hm, sorry about comment length. Will in future be more brief.0206

Jessica said...

... that's not an April Fool's post, I guess. I was hoping, for your sake, that you were joking.

I'm sorry! I think I would go crazy... Hope I will still see you in Core tomorrow

Get healthy quick, hun :D